Monday, October 12, 2009

Pimp My Blog

I am looking at the plain blackness of my blog and it sickens me. Can anyone help me? All 3 of you who read this... do you know anyone who can hook me up with some sweet blog decor???

I think it must be a rule at UVU that to be a math teacher, you must have a foreign accent. Every math class I have ever had came with a difficult to understand teacher from some foreign country (currently Russia) and it makes learning very difficult. I already have a short attention span when it comes to math, so throwing in someone who is difficult to understand, no matter how good they are at math, makes my (and I believe many others') learning process very tiring and difficult. We are having a test in two days, and I don't understand anything. I asked a question, and the teacher doesn't seem to understand what I am needing to know. If I fail this test (which I won't), I'll know why. Don't get me wrong though, I am not saying we shouldn't hire foreign teachers, but at least hire someone who speaks intelligibly.

I am also in pursuit of another job. Options I am considering are:
1. The MTC (difficult, but good pay and its kind of like being a missionary again!)
2. Saving up money as much as possible, getting another student loan, and hunting an internship.
3. Working with Dan at this Catering place (he doesn't know that I want that.... so maybe that won't work)

If anyone is hiring in Provo with a pay higher than $9 an hour (minimum), please contact me... please!

2 comments:

  1. http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
    has backgrounds...but I think they're all way girly.

    http://www.coolchaser.us/
    has some more "manly" backgrounds. :)

    Also, I can show you how to put one of your own pics as your background, maybe a mission photo or something.

    ReplyDelete